In this busy world, Gaming is the only thing that people can do for hours without being tired. Whether it’s a Mobile game or PC games, PS4 or X-Box, everyone loves to play games. We all play games on our phones or our PC. Some people have an extra crave for gaming as they have their own gaming setup in a specific room.
Playing games on PS4 is a crazy satisfaction for a person. Whether you’re a kid or working personnel, you are going to love it for sure. And for hardcore gamers, PS4 is like heaven.
Usually, men have more crave for games and stuff. Playing games reduces anxiety and, ultimately, will make you feel relaxed. According to research, People who play games tend to have sharper and brighter minds than normal ones. Therefore, many people used to play games even during their lunch break to reduce mental stress and relaxation.
Many people think it’s costly to buy a PS4 but believe me, it isn’t. In fact, it isn’t that much costly as you think. A perfect setup requires a Big screen (LED) for a better gaming experience, and it’ll definitely hit your budget.
But what if I say that you need to pay for the PS4 only. Well, it’s possible. All you need is your laptop, and then we’re going to use its display for PS4. That’s it. And if your monitor supports 4K, then you will get a much better gaming experience on PS4 with the help of your laptop. Let’s see how it works.
Can I Use My Laptop Display As A Monitor For My PS4?
Absolutely YES. You can use your laptop’s display for PS4 by using the PlayStation Remote play. See Generally Laptops have HDMI out port, which means you can use its display “onto” other devices with HDMI in port. But in this scenario, we have to use the laptop’s display to show the PS4 video output.
With PlayStation Remote Play, you can easily play PS4 using your laptop’s screen. It would be best to keep in mind that this requires a strong internet connection to no lag between the laptop and PS4. Let’s see how to connect the laptop’s display with PS4.
What is PlayStation Remote Play?
By installing the PlayStation Remote Play app on your laptop, you can play PS4 games on your laptop’s screen. Sony officially launched a PlayStation Remote play, which allows everyone to access the PlayStation with their PC/Laptop help. Not only on a laptop, but you can also play on the phone with the help of Remote Play.
Sony set some minimum requirements to download and install the Remote Play. Let’s have a look at these system requirements:
- Windows 8.1 or higher (32-bit and 64-bit, both are acceptable)
- Intel Core i5-560M 2.67 GHz processor or higher
- Minimum 100MB available space/storage
- Minimum 2GB RAM
- USB Port
- Sound Card
- 1024×768 resolution
How To Connect Laptop Screen As Monitor For PS4?
First of all, Download the PlayStation Remote Play app on your Windows.
Note: Make sure that you downloaded the suitable version as per your laptop requirements.
- After download the Play Station Remote Play app, click on the installation file.
- A popup will appears on the screen.
- Follow all the screen instructions while installing the Play Station Remote Play app on your laptop.
- You also need to install the additional features by clicking on the option shown in the display.
After finishing the installation process, you need to set up your PlayStation 4 console. Follow these steps.
- First of all, Power On the PlayStation 4 gaming console and click on the settings tab.
- Now you need to enable the Remote Play Checkbox from the Remote Play Connection Settings. (This will allow your PS4 console to interact with Remote Play Software)
- After doing this simply go to the Account management tab in your PS4 settings.
- Now select the PS4 gaming console as your Main system.
- Finally, click the Activate button to set the PS4 as your main system.
To use the Remote Play features, you can also use the PlayStation 4 in the rest mode. Follow These Steps.
- Firstly open the PS4 Settings menu tab and click on the Power Save Settings.
- Now you need to Set your PS4 into Rest Mode.
- Make sure to click on the Checkbox saying Enable Turning on PS4 from Network and Stay Connected to the internet checkboxes.
How to Connect Remote Play And Connect PS4 To Laptop
We are going to run PS4 on your Laptop/PC via Remote Play.
- First of all, Power On the PlayStation 4 or put it into rest mode.
- Now connect your Playstation controller with the laptop. You can use a DualShock USB adapter or a USB cable to connect it with the laptop.
- Now open the Remote Play software which you installed on your Laptop.
- Finally, click on the start button, and it will ask you to enter the credentials.
- After login into the PlayStation Network account, you will be able to connect PS4 to the laptop.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can u play PlayStation on a laptop?
Yes, by using Sony’s official Remote Play app, you can play all the latest titles on your laptop or even on your phone.
- How do I connect my ps4 to Windows 10?
If you use Windows 10 on your device, click on the Start Menu and go the Settings. After that, click on Select Devices > Bluetooth. Now connect your Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller by using them in pairing mode. This will allow you to connect your PS4 with Windows 10.
So this is how you can use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. I mentioned the step by step guide that allows you to easily play games on your laptop screen using the Play Station.
If you have any queries and suggestions regarding this post, please ask us in the comment section. And stay connected with Newsondroid.com. Thanks for reading.